Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Logistical update

Apologies for the string of short blogs. It's been a bit of a busy, and partially frustrating week. In fact, I almost entitled this entry 'One Step Forward, Three Steps Back' because today was one of those days when I felt like I lost instead of gained ground. It's a long story (and that 'Three Steps Back' post might still be coming later this week!), but basically I visited some of the other Managua schools today, and they are going to be tricky. Compared to the schools I had been visiting near my house, these schools are huge - 2 to 3 times the size (one with 750 kids), but with little storage capacity to match it. There are also problems with water availability, kitchen help, infestations...etc, etc. I'm going to need to give all of this some thought tonight...and then crochet some more coasters to blow off steam.

Anyway, rather than dwelling on all those issues for now (since I'd like to try to keep the tone of this blog largely positive!), I thought I would give a quick update on logistics.

As many of you know, I officially extended my stay here in Nicaragua for an extra month. I think it will be really important for me to stay here since this roll-out will definitely still be in progress at the end of March, and I'd like to see it to semi-completion. So, my official return date will be April 30th. You can mark your calendars for the homecoming party that first weekend in May (I think).

I am also planning on keeping my original plane ticket (more or less), and coming home for Easter since we have holy week off here. I'll be around Milwaukee/Cedarburg/Port/Saukville most of the time between April 9 and April 13, and may try to make a Chicago appearance too. Hope to see many of you then - and, of course, I'll see all of you in May.

Happy Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

copy html code
Yahoo Personals Review