Monday, February 23, 2009

My two big accomplishments this weekend!

It was a pretty quiet, low key weekend in general, which was nice. We finished our Arrested Development marathon, I hung out by a hotel pool one day (you can pay to use them for the day here), we had some Fritanga (street food) and played Scrabble.

However, there were also two noteworthy accomplishments to report! Let's just say, I'm becoming pretty domestic during my time here (thanks Kelly!)

1) I made banana pancakes. Yes, you read that right, I actually [attempted to] cook. The pancakes didn’t turn out quite perfect at first. I had a hard time with the flipping, and I don’t think the original proportions were quite right. I did manage to keep 3 of the 5 in tact, though – one for each of us, so that worked out. Also, they tasted delicious, whole or not...and fully cooked or not!

2) I learned to crochet. Kelly taught me how, and I made my first project – a 3 inch by 3 inch, uneven square…just what I’ve always wanted! Put your orders in now - they would make great coasters, and at this rate, you could have a set of 6 by the fall. I can tell it’s going to take some practice, but I am starting to get the hang of it and I enjoy doing it.

If this keeps up, I might be the next Martha Stewart by the time I come home! Or, at the very least, I'll be able to make more for myself than just Lean Cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

copy html code
Yahoo Personals Review